The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper
The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper is a 55,000-square-foot alcohol rehab facility that opened in January 2021. This Cherry Hill at Cooper location is part of a larger addiction treatment network that provides coverage in several states. This gives The Recovery Village nationwide coverage when it comes to treating addiction. When it comes to addiction treatment The Recovery Village focuses on all types of addiction. There are substance abuse programs for harmful substances like cocaine and programs for alcohol abuse disorder (AUD). Additionally, people can get treatment for co-occurring disorders and co-occurring addictions. Overall, this makes The Recovery Village one of the best places to get treatment for substance abuse in the United States.
That said, The Recovery Village is also one of the best alcohol rehabs in New Jersey. In New Jersey, there are several treatments for alcoholism that patients can enter into with The Recovery Village. Some of the best options include therapy sessions, detox, and aftercare support networks. These programs make the alcoholism program one of the most comprehensive options in New Jersey.
The last thing to note is that the Recovery Village is not just an alcohol rehab resource. In fact, it’s one of the best places to find information about alcoholism and other addictions. The dedicated editorial team produces high-quality informational content that’s medically reviewed. Ultimately, it’s one of the best places to find information about alcoholism, treatments for alcoholism, and much more.
The Recovery Village has some of the best minds in addiction treatment at its rehab facilities. These are team members who know the ins and outs of addiction better than anyone. You’ll find staff members who are registered nurses, doctors, counselors, therapists, and much more. Meet some of the leadership team from The Recovery Village at Cooper below.
- Heather Brown, LCSW, LCADC: Heather serves as the Executive Director of The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper. She has many years of experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor. She’s also an Adjunct Professor in Social Work at Monmouth University. Heather has held Executive Director roles for Acadia Healthcare, Harbor Wellness, and Recovery Center, and Core Health Services.
- Dr. Schmidt: As the Medical Director at The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper and an Instructor of Medicine and Addiction Medicine Physician at Cooper University Hospital, Dr. Schmidt plays a critical role in the care of patients. He is board-certified in both internal medicine and addiction medicine, and he completed his internal medicine residency at Temple University Hospital and an Addiction Medicine Fellowship at Caron Treatment Center and Tower Health.
- Michael Bakey, BSN: Michael is the Director of Nursing at The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper. With over 26 years in the nursing field, Michael has worked in trauma care units, emergency rooms, critical care, and addiction treatment. He has been in the substance abuse treatment field for 9 years. Michael is in recovery himself and uses his personal experiences to connect with patients and guide them in their journey.
Alcoholism treatment varies at the Recovery Village depending on what you need. In most cases, treatment lasts for 30 to 90 days. Detox programs may be shorter (7-14 days), whereas residential Inpatient programs will last for more than 90 days in some cases. Aftercare is also a factor with The Recovery Village and may last for the rest of your life. While that may seem intimidating, it’s designed to help alcoholics in recovery maintain long-term sobriety.
The Recovery Village is one of the best alcohol rehabs in the United States. With locations in several states and telehealth options, it’s hard to find alcoholism treatment. That said, we know that everyone needs a specific type of treatment that fits their needs. It’s for this reason that we provide you with in-depth reviews of alcohol rehab centers in New Jersey. All of our reviews are sourced by contacting team members, reading reviews, and visiting the website.
Why We Like The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper
The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper is one of our favorite alcohol rehabs in New Jersey. What makes this rehab center stand out is its size and scope. It holds dozens of clients and has plenty of amenities. In New Jersey, we’ve found that it’s one of the more comfortable places for people to recover from alcoholism. This also applies to the detox program, outpatient program, and some aftercare options.
The Recovery Village is also one of our top choices for alcohol rehab in New Jersey because of its support network. Connections with local organizations like Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) make it possible for alcoholics in recovery to remain sober after treatment concludes. We also love that The Recovery Village is a national organization that provides treatment in every state. While there are only telehealth options in some states, the fact that The Recovery Village can reach everyone is impressive.
Lastly, we love The Recovery Village’s team. Each alcohol rehab is led by some of the best minds in addiction treatment. What’s more, the team of writers and medical reviewers that provides you with educational resources is exceptional. For these reasons, The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper is one of the best alcohol rehabs in the United States.
Things to Consider About The Recovery Village’s Alcoholism Program
The Recovery Village’s alcoholism program is one of the best in New Jersey. However, that doesn’t mean it’s for everyone. Some drawbacks are worth noting before going through the admissions process.
First and foremost, there are some rules you need to be aware of for the inpatient program. These include things like not being able to take in a vape, phone, tablet, or computer. This also applies to just about anything with internet access. For some people, not being able to smoke or use a phone can be problematic.
Aside from that, our only other gripe is that The Recovery Village doesn’t have more locations. We love the telehealth option but we’re excited to see this rehab organization expand to more states in the future.
Who The Recovery Village’s Alcoholism Program is For
The Recovery Village Cherry Hill at Cooper’s alcoholism program is for people who want to recover from alcoholism in isolation. The massive facility makes it easy for patients to recover without interacting with the outside world. It’s also a great choice for people who need access to a large support network. With locations across the country, telehealth, and good aftercare programs, patients have a high rate of success when it comes to maintaining sobriety. There are also several levels of care available, so people who need any type of addiction treatment can benefit from this organization.
- Free online recovery meetings
- Accepts most major types of insurance
- Telehealth programs bring treatment to the entire United States
- Plenty of extra educational materials on the website are curated by the expert editorial staff
- A full continuum of care for alcoholism
- Limitations on things that recovering alcoholics can bring into the facility; including items that contain alcohol, vapes, and devices connected to the internet