Maui Recovery is an addiction treatment center in Hawaii. It offers rehab programs for substance abuse disorders, mental health conditions, and other types of addiction like gambling. Maui Recovery has been featured by several major news outlets like Yahoo News, Fox News, CNN, and A&E. It’s been around for more than 15 years and has quickly become one of the best alcohol rehabs in Hawaii for alcoholism treatment.
Maui Recovery is also a luxurious alcohol rehab. It’s situated on a gorgeous plot of land that gives you a beachside view. In fact, it’s less than 800 feet from the beach. There are plenty of amenities for patients to enjoy and the recovery process is comfortable. The main goal of this addiction treatment center is to provide people with comfort and transformative care on the beautiful Hawaiian island of Maui.
Maui Recovery offers several treatment options for alcoholism in Maui. Some of the traditional treatment options include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Maui Recovery also offers some holistic treatment methods for alcoholism. These include:
- Adventure Therapy
- Nature Immersion
- Hero’s Journey
- Surf Therapy
- Equine Therapy
- Dr. Kardaras: An Ivy-League educated psychologist, internationally renowned speaker, and addiction expert. Former Clinical Professor at Stony Brook Medicine, he has also taught neuropsychology at the doctoral level and collaborated with Harvard Medical School’s Division of Addiction. He frequently presents on mental health, philosophy, and substance and screen addictions.
- David Naylor: A creative entrepreneur, CEO, and creator of innovative ideas and companies that promote and create change. Based in Austin, TX, David is working on a documentary film and TV series focusing on the growing epidemic of the millennial age. He was awarded the Young Businessperson of the Year Award 2019 by the Maui Chamber of Commerce.
- Amory Mowrey: A practitioner who uses a Buddhist-informed approach to mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Amory believes in a person-centered, strengths-focused treatment model that supports clients where they are and provides tools to help them achieve their goals.
- Audrey Fraychineaud: A specialist in working with adults with addiction, anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues. Audrey’s approach is centered around Mindfulness, Self-Compassion, and Empowerment, using a variety of therapeutic modalities. She supports clients in processing and healing their trauma and building positive, healthy relationships with themselves and others.
- Tricia Silva: A counselor with a Master of Science in Counseling Psychology from Chaminade University, Honolulu. Tricia uses an empathetic, person-centered, and cognitive behavioral approach, and is certified in Equine Therapy through the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association. She is passionate about animal-assisted therapies and mental wellness.
- Zanny: A counselor with a Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Atlanta, Georgia. Zanny helps clients understand and feel their mind, body, and spirit connection, meeting them where they are and helping them see the beauty within themselves and their life purpose.
- Dr. Reza Danesh: A Board Certified Emergency Medicine physician with extensive training in treating patients undergoing acute withdrawals. He completed his residency at UCLA and has worked at world-class hospitals. Dr. Danesh is the founder of MODO MD, a Mobile Doctor service providing 24/7 on-site medical care, including symptom management, IV hydration, and IV vitamin administration for recovery
The length of treatment at Maui Recovery varies based on the needs of the patient. On average, alcoholism treatment lasts for about 30 days. However, treatment may last for several months if the patient needs it. Maui Recovery can also help you get in contact with sober living homes if you need it. Treatment is done six days per week and for several hours per day by therapists and counselors.
Alcoholism.org specializes in reviewing alcohol rehabs in Hawaii and across the United States. All of our reviews are done by viewing information on the website, contacting the alcohol rehab for more information, and reading testimonials. We also encourage people who have gone through treatment at alcohol rehabs to contact us and provide us with additional details; it’s our mission to recommend the best possible options for people who need alcoholism treatment.
Read on to learn more about Maui Recovery and how it will help you or a loved one recover from alcoholism.
Why We Like Maui Recovery
We like Maui Recovery for a few reasons but our favorite thing is that there are several treatment options available for co-occurring disorders. Many alcohol rehabs in Hawaii offer similar treatments for alcoholism that are paired with bipolar disorder and other mental health conditions but Maui Recovery has some bonus options. Some of our favorites include their programs for video game addiction, eating disorders, gambling addiction, and even social media addiction.
We also like that Maui Recovery isn’t afraid to go the experimental route with alcoholism treatment. Some unique therapy options like equine therapy and surf therapy have shown some impressive results based on connecting with the ocean and developing a bond with animals. These are unique ways for recovering alcoholics in Hawaii to find other sources of happiness and joy, which improves their chances of long-term recovery.
Aside from treatment, we like the attentive staff that offers treatment six days per week and luxurious amenities that attract people from across the United States. Everyone has access to chef-cooked meals, outdoor activities, and semi-private rooms. Overall, Maui Recovery’s alcoholism program feels more like a vacation than treatment, which helps everyone feel comfortable.
What to Consider About Maui Recovery
Maui Recovery is one of the best places to get treatment for alcoholism in Hawaii and the United States. That said, it’s not perfect for everyone. One of the biggest roadblocks is the cost of insurance. As a luxury alcohol rehab center, the prices can be higher than other alcohol rehabs in Hawaii. While the cost may be high, the good news is that there are financing options through Prosper Healthcare Lending.
Maui Recovery may also not be the best choice for people who don’t want a luxurious experience or residential inpatient alcoholism treatment. The last thing to note is that the facility is quite large and may have many people in different addiction programs. For this reason, people who prefer one-on-one care may benefit from different alcohol rehab in Hawaii or another state.
These factors aside, Maui Recovery is one of our favorite choices for alcohol rehab in Hawaii.
Who is Maui Recovery For?
Maui Recovery is perfect for people who need a sober environment for alcoholism recovery. People who have tried outpatient programs in the past benefit from the sober environment that Maui Recovery provides. Maui Recovery is also a great fit for people who want to try new alcoholism recovery methods. Adventure therapy and nature therapy for alcoholism have proven to be effective and continue to be staples of what Maui Recovery offers alongside more traditional alcoholism programs.
Ultimately, Maui Recovery is one of the best alcohol addiction treatment centers in Hawaii. Aside from the amenities and holistic approaches to alcoholism treatment, the therapy and treatment from staff members six days per week are hard to beat.
- 745 feet away from the beach
- Unique treatment modalities for alcoholism like adventure and nature therapy
- Treatment six days per week for a few hours per day by a well-educated staff
- Additional treatment options for co-occurring disorders like eating disorders, smartphone addiction, and video game addiction
- May be too costly for some people
- Not the best option for outpatient alcohol rehab in Hawaii
Find Treatment for Alcoholism in Hawaii Today!
Maui Recovery is one of the best options for alcohol rehab in Hawaii, especially for people who prefer luxury inpatient rehab. With unique holistic treatment options like adventure therapy, Maui Recovery makes rehab for alcoholism feel more like an adventure than treatment. That said, there are also other alcohol rehabs in Hawaii that may be a better fit. Always consider your options before making a decision.