Hazelden Betty Ford
Hazelden Betty Ford’s California facility is a testament to the organization’s long-standing commitment to aiding individuals struggling with alcohol addiction. Founded in 1949, Hazelden Betty Ford has been a beacon of hope and recovery for many, making it one of the most well-known alcohol rehab centers in the United States.
The California facility offers a range of services including Inpatient, Outpatient, Telehealth, and Detox treatments to cater to the varied needs of those battling alcohol addiction. Additionally, Hazelden Betty Ford extends its services to cover mental health treatments, programs for veterans, and initiatives tailored for children and teenagers affected by alcoholism.
Operating as a nonprofit organization, Hazelden Betty Ford emphasizes affordability and accessibility in treatment by accepting most major insurance providers.
Hazelden Betty Ford’s California center offers a comprehensive range of treatments for alcoholism:
- Mental health therapy for co-occurring disorders
- Detox programs for alcohol and other substances
- Programs designed for teenagers and children affected by alcoholism
- Patient care network for aftercare treatment and support groups
- Counseling for alcoholism
Each treatment plan is customized to cater to the individual needs of the patient.
The Hazelden Betty Ford team in California consists of licensed therapists, counselors, nurses, doctors, and case managers. Key members of the leadership team include:
- Jim Blaha: The principal financial strategist, overseeing various areas including finance, human resources, and information technology.
- Dawne Carlson: The Executive Director of Human Resources, bringing her vast experience in leadership roles.
- Dr. Alta DeRoo: A board-certified addiction medicine physician and obstetrician-gynecologist, serving as the chief medical officer.
- Dr. Kevin Doyle: The President/CEO of Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies.
- Ahmed Eid: The Regional Vice President, who also serves as an adjunct faculty member at the Hazelden Betty Ford Graduate School of Addiction Studies.
The length of alcoholism treatment at Hazelden Betty Ford in California varies according to the level of care required. Generally, Inpatient treatment may last between 30-90 days, outpatient treatment typically involves weekly therapy sessions, detox may range between 7-14 days, and sober living programs can extend from 6 months to 2 years.
Why We Recommend Hazelden Betty Ford
Hazelden Betty Ford’s nonprofit status and its acceptance of most major insurance providers make it a viable option for many. The comprehensive treatment options and resources available, alongside programs for all age groups, make it a preferred choice for many families.
Areas for Improvement
While Hazelden Betty Ford has a lot to offer, it does not accept Medicaid or Medicare for alcoholism rehab, limiting accessibility for some individuals. Additionally, the center’s limited holistic treatment options might be a deterrent for those seeking alternative approaches to recovery.
Ideal Candidate for Hazelden Betty Ford
Hazelden Betty Ford is an excellent choice for individuals insured with major insurance providers who are seeking a comprehensive and supportive treatment regime. With an expansive aftercare network, patients in recovery are never alone in their journey.
- Accepts most major insurance providers
- Provides a full continuum of care
- Excellent aftercare support network
- Highly trained staff and an extensive range of resources
- Long-standing, respected reputation in addiction treatment
- Does not accept Medicare or Medicaid
- Limited availability of holistic treatment options